Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This morning I took the train in to Manhattan to visit the City Hall Library, as part of the work on my new project - a book about the specialty Libraries of Manhattan. My first visit was to the City Hall Library on Chambers Street. The status is that I'm working with a publisher in Pennsylvania that likes the concept of the book, but would like to see a few sample chapters. My first two books were somewhat technical, so I have to prove that I can write for a general audience. I'm happy to take that test.

Just before the hurricane, I got an email from a library in Westchester County, inviting me to come work for them on projects with their online catalog and digitization. This will be a half time job for six months. I enthusiastically accepted, so I will begin my work there after Thanksgiving. I'd always hoped for some kind of part time thing, so this turns out to be absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment